Thursday, February 11, 2010

BLUE MOON by Alyson Noel - REVIEW


St. Martin’s Griffin – July 7, 2009

Ever is learning how to use the powers that come along with her immortal status. She and Damen train every day in order to improve her control so she can successfully manifest objects. Their love is strong and seems to be able to stand the test of time. After all, Damen has found her again and again over the last 400 years no matter her incarnation. It seems now, with Damen’s rogue, ex-wife out of the picture, they can finally be together without danger.

Ever and Damen are about to take their relationship to the next level when everything begins to fall apart. When a strange new boy enrolls at school and begins shaking everything up, Damen begins to act strange. In addition to acting like a stranger, his health seems to be deteriorating at a startling rate. Ever does the only thing she can think to do – go to Summerland to find out what to do to save the love of her life.

Ever has many tough decisions to make during this second installment of the Immortals series. My heart broke for her. The only thing that knocked my rating down to 4 glasses instead of 5 is the ending. I listened to the audio book version of the story and wanted to hurl my iPhone across the room when I got to the end. Readers will definitely want to read the third book, SHADOWLAND. I will eventually, but after being so upset with the ending, I’m going to have to give it some time before I enter Ever’s world again.

P.S. I found out there is going a spin-0ff series. The first is called RADIANCE. It will follow Ever’s younger sister, Riley. Check it out here.

Radiance (The Immortals Spin-off #1)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why I haven't gotten around to reading Blue Moon yet becuase I read the first in the series and enjoyed it a lot. I love the cover of Radiance-looks super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Share you thoughts with The Book Jacket.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designs by Barbara